Greek Chicken with Feta Tzatziki
Try this Greek grilled go-to chicken with homemade feta tzatziki.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 3 lemons, 1 sliced, 2 halved for juicing, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, 2 chopped, 1 clove pasted or grated
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and grated or shredded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Greek feta crumbles
- A small handful of dill
- A small handful of parsley
- Greek vegetable salad (use a combo of all or some!): diced seeded tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, bell peppers, light green small Greek pickled hot peppers, parsley tops
- Flat bread, pita or Naan bread
Season the chicken with dried poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add to a bag with sliced lemon, chopped garlic, chili pepper, oregano and rosemary. Marinate for several hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature, then cook on a hot grill or grill pan over medium-high heat 12-15 minutes. Let rest, then slice on angle; douse with the juice of 1 lemon.
For the sauce, salt the shredded cucumber and drain in a strainer for 20-30 minutes. Press out all the liquid you can and transfer to a food processor with the yogurt, feta, dill, parsley, salt, pepper, the juice of the remaining halved lemon and the grated or pasted garlic; process until smooth.
Grill the bread.
Slather the grilled bread with sauce; top with the sliced chicken and some diced vegetable salad.