Greek Farro Bowls
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the dressing:
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small fresh red chili, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, both whites and greens thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red field pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 loosely packed cup mint, chopped
- 1 loosely packed cup parsley tops, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound Greek feta, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 drained pepperoncini, sliced
Whisk up dressing ingredients in large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a saucepot, cover farro with 2 inches water, bring to a boil, season with salt and cook 20 minutes to al dente; drain.
Add farro, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, red onion, peppers, mint, parsley, walnuts, feta, olives and pepperoncini to a mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.