Greek Feta & Spinach Burgers
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground veal or lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (a small handful each mint, parsley and dill), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained, crumbled feta, preferably Greek
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, halved
- About 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls, or 8 slices ciabatta bread cut into 4-inch squares, toasted
In a medium bowl, season the meat with salt and pepper. Mix in the spinach, herbs, onion, garlic and oregano. Add the feta and mix gently to just combine. Form the meat mixture into 4 patties (thinner in the center for even cooking).
In a medium, nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high. Cook the patties, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides, 8-10 minutes for medium. Douse the burgers with the juice of half a lemon.
In another medium bowl, toss the lettuce, tomato and the juice of the remaining lemon half; season with salt and pepper. Top the roll bottoms with some of the salad, the patties and the roll tops.