Green Bean and Bass Pouches
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- 12 thin slices of peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (1/3 palmful)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (2/3 palmful)
- Black pepper
- 4 black bass or sea bass fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
Cut off four large rectangles of foil, 16-18 inches each. Place a piece of the foil on a baking sheet and spread the other three across the countertop. Scatter one quarter of the beans, peppers and bok choy in the center of each piece of foil. Arrange three slices of ginger on top of each vegetable stack. Combine the coriander, Old Bay seasoning and a few grinds of black pepper, then sprinkle the mixture over the top of the fish. Arrange the fillets over the vegetables.
In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce with the orange juice, then drizzle the sauce evenly over the fish. Scatter the scallions and cilantro over the fish and fold the long sides of foil up over the fish. Roll down a few turns to secure, then roll in the short sides to secure. Once the packets are formed you should be able to line up the four packets on a large baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is just opaque (open one packet to check); transfer the pouches onto plates, open the pouches and serve.