Green Machine Avocado Smoothie
This smoothie will kick-start your morning (or pick you up from a sluggish mid-afternoon) with a power-packed punch of delicious green fruits and vegetables.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch spinach (about 2 cups of leaves), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small bunch watercress (about 1 cups of leaves), coarsely chopped
- A handful of seedless green grapes (about 1/2 cup)
- A handful of flat leaf parsley or kale, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 3/4 to 1 cup water or orange juice
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup or honey, as needed
Combine all of the ingredients except the agave and water or juice in the jar of a blender and puree until smooth, streaming in the liquid as needed to thin the smoothie out to the consistency you like. Adjust the sweetness to your liking with the agave or honey. Serve.