Green Migas Deviled Eggs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small, ripe, Haas avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 small lime
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated red onion
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Green or red hot sauce to taste
- Crushed corn tortillas, preferred brand Xotchil
- Chopped green onions
Halve eggs and mash yolks in a small bowl with avocado; dress with citrus juice. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
Fill a food storage bag with egg mixture and trim corner with scissors to form a disposable pastry bag. Fill egg white halves and top with crushed tortilla chips and scallions to serve.