Green Onion Burgers with Burst Tomato-Tarragon Sauce
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped, greens and whites separated
- 1/4 cup tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices fresh mozzarella or mild provolone
- Soft sesame seed buns
- Leaf lettuce
Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes and garlic, shake pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover and shake pan occasionally until tomatoes begin to burst. Uncover and mash tomatoes; let thicken. Add vinegar, scallion greens and tarragon, and remove from heat.
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine meat with scallion whites, salt, pepper, Dijon and drizzle of olive oil. Form four patties that are thinner at the center for even cooking. Cook patties 8 minutes turning once. Top with cheese in last minute or so, cover with foil tent to melt.
Place lettuce, a burger patty and some burst tomato sauce on roll bottoms and set tops in place.