Green-with-Envy St. Patty’s Potato Cakes
Invite your pup to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day with you. Check out more pet-friendly recipes!
Note: Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce corned beef, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and lightly mashed with a fork
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a medium size bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, egg, corned beef, spinach, peas and parsley. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Form into golf ball-size balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the potato cakes to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden-brown and heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the cakes to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool slightly.