Grilled Baby Vegetables
Serve with Black Cherry and Black Pepper Lamb Chops with Sweet Pea Risotto.
- 6 baby zucchini, halved lengthwise, 1/2 pound
- 2-3 baby eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise, 1/2 pound
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms, criminis
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 rounded teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, 2/3 palmful (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning blend by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, (eyeball it)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Pre-heat a grill pan, indoor or outdoor grill to medium high-high heat. Place the vegetables in a large plastic food storage bag. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, stream in the extra-virgin olive oil and beat dressing with a fork. Pour dressing into the food storage bag and seal bag. Coat the vegetables evenly with dressing then grill vegetables a couple of minutes on each side until marked and tender. Arrange on a small platter.