Grilled Boneless Leg of Lamb
Save time tomorrow! This recipe includes an extra pound of lamb, which can be used to make Lamb Pitas with Tomato, Scallions and Mint Yogurt Dressing for tomorrow’s dinner.
- 1 small boneless leg of lamb (about 2 3/4 pounds), ask your butcher to butterfly the leg for you
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Lemon or grapefruit wedges
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan. Place lamb on a shallow baking pan.
Season both sides of the lamb with salt and coarse black pepper. In a food processor, puree the garlic, mint, salt and pepper, then add the EVOO in a slow stream. Pour marinade over the lamb and rub into the meat. Place on grill and cook on one side for 10 minutes. Flip lamb, cover with aluminum foil and grill for another 10 minutes.
Remove lamb from grill pan and let rest for 10 minutes for juices to redistribute. Slice and serve. Squeeze a wedge of lemon or grapefruit over the meat and enjoy!
Reserve one pound of the meat for the next day’s recipe – Lamb Pitas with Tomato, Scallions and Mint Yogurt Dressing.