Grilled Cheese and Watercress
Serve with Stuffed Cabbage Stoup or your favorite tomato soup.
- 1 cups watercress leaves, shredded or chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish or sweet red pepper relish
- 8 slices of pumpernickel or marble rye bread
- 1/2 pound your choice of: Muenster, Havarti with dill or Leyden (Gouda with cumin seeds), thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Pre-heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat.
Make four sandwiches of sliced cheese, chopped watercress and relish, distributing the ingredients evenly among them.
Butter the outsides of the sammies with softened butter and cook in pre-heated pan until golden and the cheese has melted.