Grilled Chicken Breasts and Linguica
Make both together for meat-lovers or for a gathering, or choose one for a smaller meal. The chicken is extra-juicy – grilling it first sears in the juices.
- 8 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6-8 ounces each
- Grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning, or salt and coarse pepper, to your taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons dry cooking sherry
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 pounds linguica sausages
- A handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Pre-heat a grill pan over high heat.
Season chicken with grill seasoning or salt and pepper. Combine lemon, sherry and EVOO in a shallow dish and turn chicken in the mixture to coat evenly. Score chicken two minutes on each side on grill. Transfer to a baking dish and set chicken into oven. Roast chicken for 15 minutes.
Add linguica to hot grill pan and reduce heat to medium high. Grill 10 minutes to crisp casings and remove from heat. Pile chicken on serving plate and top with parsley. Pile linguica alongside chicken and serve.