Grilled Halibut with Herb Dressing
Adam Perry Lang shares this fresh, colorful halibut recipe with a kick – it’s easy to prepare and perfect for a light summer grill-out.
- 4 1-inch thick boneless halibut fillets (approximately 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon pure mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the herb dressing:
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red hot chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
For final seasoning:
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, halved
Pat dry the halibut with a paper towel and season with the chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Lightly brush the fillets with the canola oil.
Pre-heat a well-cleaned, well-oiled grill to medium-high.
Place the fish on the grill presentation-side first and do not touch for 5 minutes. Flip the halibut to the other side on a clean new section of grill and continue to grill for 5 minutes.
Combine all the ingredients for the herb dressing in a bowl and pour on the bottom of a platter. Place the fish in the center of the platter and reseason with salt and squeeze of lemon.