Grilled Pork Chops with Scallions, Garlic and Herbs
For exceptional flavor, slather a mix of fresh herbs on pork chops before grilling.
- 4 1 1/2-inch-thick boneless pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small bunch scallions or 2-3 spring onions, whites and greens finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, stripped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, then cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
Pre-heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium, about 325°F.
Place the pork chops in a shallow dish; season with salt and pepper and dress with EVOO. On a chopping board, finely chop and combine the scallions (or spring onions), garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest and fennel seed; slather evenly over the chops.
Grill the chops for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Let the chops rest, then slice and douse with lemon juice. Serve with corn or broccolini.