Grilled Radicchio Salad
If you haven’t yet tried radicchio, try this unique recipe. The flavors are delicious, and the elegant, colorful presentation is great for entertaining.
- 2 medium-large heads radicchio
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil (EVOO), plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can sliced beets (15 ounces), drained
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
Pre-heat a grill pan over high heat.
Pour a couple of tablespoons of EVOO into a small dish. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and remove core. Brush quarter heads with EVOO on both sides and grill wedges 3-4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange wedges of grilled radicchio on a platter. Pile sliced beets at the center of the platter. Sprinkle platter with red onion and drizzle salad with balsamic vinegar and EVOO. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.