Grilled Shrimp with Chili Cocktail Sauce
Serve with Steak with Tomato-Bacon Salad Topper.
- 2/3-3/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (1/3 palmful)
- 1 rib celery from the heart with leafy tops, finely chopped
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- A small handful of parsley, finely chopped
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat a grill pan or grill to medium-high.
Dress the shrimp with the EVOO, salt and pepper, to taste, along with the smoked paprika. Skewer the shrimp onto metal skewers to ease in turning them and grill until the shrimp are opaque and firm, about 7-8 minutes. Pile the shrimp on a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce or pass the sauce at the table.