I love avocados because they have a rich flavor and smooth texture and they’re good for you! This salad is like a deconstructed guacamole. –RR
- 2 medium Hass avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- A few drops of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Arrange the vegetables on a platter.
To make the dressing, mix the lemon, garlic, hot sauce and salt. Stream in the EVOO while whisking the dressing. Pour lemon dressing over the salad and serve.