Ham, Country Pâté and Cheese Platter
For an even greater variety of snacks and appetizers, serve with Crudité and Three Sauces.
- 2 small pieces goat cheese (3-4 ounces each), fresh or aged, formed in logs or discs, coated in ash, herbs or plain
- 1 small wheel Camembert, Livarot or Pont-l’Eveque cheese (4 inches), available in the specialty cheese case at the grocery store
- 1/3 pound Gruyère or Comté cheese
- 1/2 pound slice of country-style pâté
- 1 jar cornichon or baby gherkin pickles, drained
- Stone ground mustard
- 1/2 pound mild cooked ham or prosciutto cotto
- 1 package thin bread sticks
- 1/2 pound seedless red grapes, broken into small bunches
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut into pieces
Arrange cheeses and pâté on a cutting board or platter. Place cornichons and mustard in ramekins and add to board or platter. Wrap a slice of ham around each of several bread sticks and add to platter. Tuck in grapes among cheeses and ham-wrapped bread sticks. Add cut bread to the platter, soft cheese spreaders and a cheese knife and serve the board or platter by passing at the table.