Heavenly Hazelnut Pound Cake
The only cooking this dessert requires is lightly toasting the almonds. It’s an easy winner that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser and looks beautiful with summertime meals.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 store-bought pound cake
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella brand
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 lemon, zested
- Blackberries and raspberries, for garnish
Lightly toast the almonds in a small skillet. Set aside to cool.
Cut the pound cake in half horizontally. Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread on the cut side of both cake pieces and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Place the top half of the cake back onto the bottom half.
In a medium size bowl, combine the whipped cream, orange liqueur and the zest. Cut the pound cake into 1-inch slices and serve topped with the whipped cream and blackberries and raspberries for garnish.