Herb Butter-and-Goat Cheese Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes
This recipe is sure to become one of your go-to summer dishes!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cups multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is working, in a serving bowl, add the crumbled goat cheese. In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the white wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley, dill, tarragon and thyme. Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water.
Add the pasta to the goat cheese. Pour the herb sauce on top, season with pepper and toss for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and toss gently for another minute; season with salt and pepper.