Holiday Brunch Gus-tinis
Invite your pup to brunch! Check out even more pet-friendly recipes!
Note: Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (for people portions only)
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach (half of a 10 ounce box), thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1-2 slices wheat bread, toasted and cut into triangles
- Salt and pepper (for people portions only)
In a medium size nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. For the people portions, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds (many dogs can’t eat garlic, so check with your vet to be sure).
Add the spinach and cook until heated through. Add the egg and stir to scramble, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the nutmeg. Top the toast with the spinach-egg mixture. Season the people portions with salt and pepper.