Honey Mustard Chicken
Delicious honey mustard sauce with veggies covers lightly browned chicken, accompanied by griddled corn muffin bites.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- About 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- About 1/3 cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1 corn muffin, split in half, cut sides spread with a little butter then griddled until golden brown
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the EVOO, a turn and a half of the pan, in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. When the EVOO is hot, add the chicken in single layer and cook to light golden in color. Remove to a plate and reserve.
Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the carrots, parsnip and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and to soften the vegetables, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover the pan and sprinkle in the flour, stir for 1 minute or so, then stir in the stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and honey. Let thicken to coat a spoon; add the reserved chicken to heat through.
Serve with the corn muffin pieces alongside and garnish with parsley.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.