Honey Mustard-Dressed Greens with Apple and Pear
Fall fruits mixed with a simple salad add color and contrast. Serve with Turkey Pot Pie with Cranberry-Orange Corn Muffin Topping.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped lettuce of choice, such as romaine hearts, spicy arugula or mixed greens
- 1 small apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small pear, quartered and thinly sliced
Combine the vinegar and lemon juice with the grated shallot in a mixing bowl. Then add the honey and Dijon and whisk in the EVOO in a slow stream. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the greens and sliced fruit to coat.