Honey-Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers and Roasted Broccoli
…because you just cannot have enough chicken finger recipes.
- 1 medium bag whole wheat pretzels, any shape
- 1 cup spicy brown, yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 chicken breasts, each cut into 4 strips, lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch or head of broccoli, cut into 12-16 spears
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Canola oil, for shallow pan frying
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, Asiago or Monterey Jack cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Place the pretzels in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer the ground pretzels to a shallow dish.
Combine mustard and honey in a second shallow dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and transfer to the honey mustard, slathering the mustard all over the chicken. Coat a few pieces at a time completely in pretzel crumbs and reserve. Wash up.
Arrange the broccoli on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the garlic over top, then drizzle the broccoli with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, until broccoli is nice and crispy on the ends and a little brown. Scatter cheese over broccoli and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes.
While broccoli roasts, heat a thin layer of canola oil in large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and cook tenders until deeply golden on each side, 10-12 minutes total. Drain on paper towels.
Serve the chicken alongside the broccoli.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.