Honey Nut Chicken Sticks
These Honey Nut Chicken Sticks are perfect picnic fare!
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- A splash milk
- 2 cups honey nut flavored cereal, such as Honey Nut Corn Flakes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (eyeball it)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large, shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour.
Beat eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Combine cereal, bread crumbs, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning and vegetable oil in food processor. Transfer breading to a shallow dish.
Place a nonstick baking sheet near chicken breading station. In batches, take flour-coated chicken and coat in eggs, followed by breading and place on nonstick cookie sheet. When all the chicken has been coated, transfer to oven and bake 15 minutes, until evenly brown and cooked through.
Cool and serve, or pack up for a picnic! This chicken may be served hot or cold.