Hot and Sweet Orange Salad
Forget the iceburg lettuce and try this zesty salad of arugula, chili pepper and oranges. Serve with Carbonara-Style Tagliatelle with Grilled Asparagus and Lemon-Herb Breadcrumbs.
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Fresno chili pepper with seeds, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves stripped and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Put the arugula on a platter. Arrange the orange slices in overlapping layers over the arugula, allowing some of the leaves to peek through. Scatter the chili pepper, onion and tarragon on top. Drizzle with the EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.