Huevos Rancheros Taco Waffle
Say good morning to the southwest with cornbread taco waffles. Check out all the recipes from Waffle Week!
- A few tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package corn muffin mix (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced on a bias
For the garnishes:
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup store-bought salsa or pico de gallo
- Eggs, for topping (optional)
Set a waffle iron to medium-high.
Drizzle the EVOO in a sauté pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef and add the cumin, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside and cool.
In a medium size bowl, mix the cornbread mix with milk, egg and butter. Stir to combine. Add in the cooled taco meat, Monterey Jack and scallions.
Evenly pour the cornbread batter onto the waffle maker. Close the waffle maker and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the waffles from the waffle iron and top with salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro and a fried egg.