Iceberg Lettuce Salad with Tangy Tomato-Tarragon “French” Dressing
Here’s a retro salad with a decidedly modern dressing that you’ll want to start putting on all your salads!
- 1/2 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Place lettuce in salad bowl and top with carrots and cherry tomatoes.
In a bowl, combine vinegar and sugar, then whisk in tomato paste. Add tarragon leaves and whisk in EVOO in a slow, thin stream. Season dressing with salt and pepper, to your taste. Pour dressing over salad and serve.