Italian Club Finger Sandwiches
- 6 slices thin cut white bread such as Pepperidge Farm Thin White Sandwich Bread
- 1 cup soft, spreadable herb cheese such as Alouette brand
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 12 leaves fresh arugula or basil (spicy vs. sweet)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
Trim all crusts from bread. Spread 4 slices with herb soft cheese. Top each cheese covered slice with 2 slices each of prosciutto, 3 leaves of arugula, thinly sliced tomatoes seasoned with a pinch of salt. Place a completed layer a top another, making 2 stacks each 2 layers high. Set the final trimmed bread slices in place, making 2 triple-decker sandwiches. Thinly slice and salt the radishes. Pierce a couple of thin slices of radish on each toothpick as you place 4 toothpicks in each sandwich. Cut each sandwich into 4 equal parts, cutting the sandwich across evenly on each side. The yield will be 8 triple-decker, square-shaped, “club” finger sandwiches, 2 per portion.