Jalapeño Popper Corn Dog Waffles
Waffles offer a new way to cook jalapeño popper corn dogs.
- 1 box cornbread mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese (about a handful)
- 4 hot dogs
- 8 skewers
- Nonstick cooking spray
Set a waffle iron to medium-high heat.
In a medium bowl, make cornbread mix according to package directions. Stir in jalapeños, black pepper, salt, cream cheese and cheddar. Set aside.
Cut each hot dog in half. Fit a skewer into the dog to make a hot dog on a stick. Spray waffle maker with cooking spray.
Place the all the hot dogs on the waffle iron, two dogs per waffle square, with the skewers sticking out of the waffle iron. Let the hot dogs “grill” for just a few minutes until warm. Evenly pour the cornbread batter over the hot dogs. Close the waffle maker and cook 5 minutes.
Remove waffles from the waffle iron and cut in half for one waffle corn dog on a stick.