Lemon Balsamic Rosemary Skewered Vegetables
This recipe gets creative in using actual stems of rosemary as skewers! Besides looking pretty, the veggies really get infused with the flavor. Delish!
- 1 medium-large zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-large yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed and tops removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 16 stems fresh rosemary, 6-8 inches long
Pre-heat grill pan over high heat.
Combine zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes in a bowl. Dress veggies with lemon, vinegar and EVOO (eyeball it), salt and pepper.
Wet rosemary in a bowl of water for five minutes. Thread veggies on rosemary from the bottom of the stems. Fill rosemary stems and place them on the hot grill. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!