Lemon Chive Noodles
Serve with Ginger-Garlic Fish in Parchment.
- 1 pound whole-wheat fettuccine or pappardelle noodles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 lemons, zested and sliced
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 1 bunch chives, chopped into 1-inch lengths
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil add the pasta and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain.
While pasta water comes to a boil, heat the stock, oil, sliced lemon and tamari sauce and allow to reduce over medium-high heat, about 7-8 minutes. Toss cooked pasta with sauce for 1-2 minutes to absorb flavor, add in reserved zest and chives then serve as first course or a side dish. Spice it up with pepper or hot sauce to pass at table.