Lemon-Garlic Chickpea Dip with Veggies and Chips
This dish is a delicious, healthy appetizer or snack – it will keep folks munching all the way until dinner! The thyme flavor in the hummus dip is really tasty.
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces), drained
- 1 clove garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stems
- Coarse salt and pepper
- A few drops hot sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, cut into dipping sticks, 4 inches long
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into sticks
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 sack reduced fat gourmet chips, such as Terra brand Garlic and Onion Yukon Gold flavor potato chips (these have 50 percent less fat than regular chips!)
Combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, salt and pepper and hot sauce (to taste) in food processor. Turn processor on and stream in the EVOO (eyeball it).
Transfer the dip to a bowl on a serving platter and surround with veggies and chips. Let the munching begin!