Major Grey Chutney Chicken Salad
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced or sliced on a mandoline
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 scant tablespoons curry powder
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Major Grey mango chutney (preferred brand Patak’s)
- 1 roast or rotisserie chicken, at room temperature, skin removed and meat pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ribs celery from the heart with leafy tops, chopped
- 2 green spring onions or 4 scallions, chopped or thinly sliced on an angle, whites and greens
- A couple small handfuls seedless red or black grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bread-and-butter pickle chips/slices
- 8 slices English muffin bread or good quality white bread, lightly toasted
- Leaf lettuce, such as red, green, butter or gem
- Terra Chips, Mediterranean, Tomato & Worcestershire or Sea Salt flavor, to serve
Combine onion with lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl to quick-pickle the onions.
Combine the yogurt, olive oil, curry powder, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and chutney in a mixing bowl. Add chicken, celery, green onions, grapes and almonds, and stir to combine.
Make sandwiches: On a slice of toast, layer a few bread-and-butter pickles, lettuce, some chicken salad, pickled onions and another slice of toast. Cut corner-to-corner and serve with colorful Terra Chips alongside.