Marsala Mushroom Ragout
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms such as crimini, shiitake and porcini, chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the mushrooms and shallots and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Season the mushrooms with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the wine. Allow the wine to boil and reduce, about 1 minute, then stir in the butter and parsley. Serve immediately.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.