Mashed Potatoes with Ricotta and Honey
This will become your new go-to mashed potato recipe!
- 2 1/2 pounds starchy potatoes (such as Russet), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (cow’s milk or sheep’s milk)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2-3 tablespoons light honey (such as orange blossom or acacia)
In a medium size pot, cover the potatoes with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the lid, salt the water and cook the potatoes until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with the milk, ricotta, thyme, lemon zest and EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, then mash in the honey, to taste.