Meatballs with Mint and Garlic
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion (grate onion over the meat to catch the juices)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup mint, loosely packed then finely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed then finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup homemade white breadcrumbs, soaked in milk to moisten
- About 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive OilPreparation
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place meats in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Grate 3-4 tablespoons of onion over the meat then add garlic, grated cheese, mint, parsley, lemon zest and egg yolks. Squeeze out the excess milk from the breadcrumbs and add them to the bowl along with the EVOO. Combine meatball mixture and roll into 2-inch balls using small scoop. Arrange meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake to brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
Serve with Rach’s Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce alongside for dipping.