Mini Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta
You can prepare the shrimp and sauce while you boil the water and cook the pasta – each takes about five minutes.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound 300-count baby shrimp (that means there are 300 shrimp to a pound)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4-5 blades chives, snipped with scissors
- A handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped or snipped
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil, adding a pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to directions, to al dente. Have a grown-up helper (GH) drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, smash garlic cloves with a small pan; separate out the skins and throw them away.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and butter. When butter has melted into EVOO, add crushed garlic and cook for two minutes.
Add shrimp, then add the salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Add stock and increase heat to bring to a boil.
When liquid boils, remove skillet from heat. Add the pasta to the skillet.
Toss pasta with shrimp, sauce and the snipped or chopped herbs. Adjust seasonings and serve.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It’s good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.