Miss Leslie’s Ham Salad on Biscuits
Rachael says, “One great perk that comes along with working in and around food is that you are often surrounded by others who love to cook and eat as much as you do. Serious recipe swapping and swiping occurs as a result. Now, I don’t know if Leslie makes anything of mine at home, but this recipe for her ham salad that she passed on to me one day at work is gonna be made in my kitchen, frequently!”
Each serving is 2 sandwiches.
- 2 tubes large bake-off biscuits (6 pieces each), such as Pillsbury brand, found near the dairy aisle at the grocery store
- 1 pound cooked ham from the deli, 1/4-inch thick slices, diced
- 3 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salad olives with pimento, drained, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls of leaves), chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (just enough to bind salad)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Salt and black pepper
Prepare bake-off biscuits according to package directions, 8-10 minutes in the oven. Cool biscuits on wire rack.
Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and adjust seasonings, to taste.
Split cool biscuits and fill with Leslie’s deeelicious ham salad!