Orange Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Serve this tasty dish as a standalone entrée or in a delightful puddle of creamy Lemon Risotto for a meal that will surely impress.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts or any combination of light and dark meat
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby arugula
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high to high heat.
Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. When the EVOO ripples, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
In a small bowl, stir together the marmalade, vinegar and stock and pour over the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and becomes a thin glaze. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and serve topped with the glaze, scallions and arugula greens.