Orzo and Zucchini Salad
This makes a great side salad for Greek or Italian food.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into a small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta, cooked to al dente, then rinsed under cool water and drained well
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (about 6 sprigs), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful), finely chopped
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- Mixed baby greens (optional)
Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the EVOO, three turns of the pan, zucchini and garlic. Sauté the zucchini for 5-6 minutes and remove from the heat.
Place the drained, cooked orzo in a bowl. Add the zucchini and garlic, lemon juice, mint and parsley. Toss and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve on its own or on a bed of baby greens.