Panini with Roasted Peppers
- 8 slices crusty Italian semolina bread
- 1 pound fresh or fresh smoked mozzarella, sliced
- 1 container roasted peppers (8-10 ounces), drained
- 2 tablespoons green salad olives (with pimentos), sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for brushing
Make four sandwiches with the bread, cheese, roasted peppers and a sprinkling of sliced olives. Keep your ingredients in single layers.
Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat.
Wrap a brick completely in aluminum foil.
Brush sandwiches on both sides with EVOO. Place sandwiches on grill and top with the foil-wrapped brick(s). Use one brick per two sandwiches to weigh them down. Grill weighted sandwiches for 3 minutes on each side. Cut sandwiches corner to corner and serve.