Haroset is a traditional Passover side dish and can be made with many combinations of dried fruits and nuts. Feel free to make substitutions and play around with the seasonings to your liking.
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as apricots, mangos, pears or apples, diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 apples, cored and diced (you can peel if you want)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of clove
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup kosher red wine
Mix ingredients together and either serve as is or blend in a food processor until a paste is formed. Adjust seasonings and texture as desired.