Pom-Blood Orange Old Fashioned
This cocktail was given to us by master mixologist and close friend of Rachael’s, Nick Mautone, who wrote the book, Raising The Bar.
- 2 ounces Maker’s Mark bourbon or other fine quality bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 orange slices, with skins
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 long orange rind, for garnish
In the bottom of a cocktail shaker place twk of the twists, the pomegranate seeds, sugar and bitters; muddle well. Add ice and Maker’s Mark; shake vigorously. Double strain into a martini glass and garnish with orange rind.