Pork Chops with Honey-Mustard Gravy and Apple Slaw
- 1 green apple, sliced into matchsticks
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 head small red cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- Four 1-inch-thick boneless pork loin chops
- Grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, toss the apple with the lemon juice. Add the cabbage and scallions. Divide among 4 plates.
Season the pork chops with grill seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook, turning once, until browned, 8 minutes. Place on top of the apple slaw.
Add the chicken stock, mustard, honey, vinegar and thyme to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Pour the gravy over the pork chops.