Pork Medallions with Charcuterie Sauce
- 12 slices pork tenderloin, each 1/2-inch thick
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- A splash of sherry or white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 12 cornichons, halved or thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, sliced, for serving
Drizzle the pork with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the pork in two batches, about 2-3 minutes per side. Arrange the pork on a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
Reduce the heat under the pan and add the butter to melt. Add the shallots; season with salt and lots of coarse pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir 1 minute. Add a generous splash of sherry, then whisk in the stock and thicken. Stir in the mustard and cornichons.
Serve three pork medallions on each plate with lots of sauce and bread alongside.