Potted Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Chicken
Check out more pet-friendly recipes!
Note: Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
- 4 cups chicken broth (32 ounces)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- Three chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- One bag baby carrots (16 ounces)
Combine the chicken broth, cider, peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf in a large pot and cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add the chicken and vegetables, and simmer, skimming if necessary, until tender, about 20 minutes. Spoon out the peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf and discard.
Season to taste with salt. Let the dish cool slightly before serving to pets.