Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Herb Ricotta
Layer chicken with fabulous flavors with this easy and elegant dish.
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A few leaves basil, chopped
- A couple sprigs of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di parma
- A splash of white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, garlic, parsley, basil and thyme. Place some of the ricotta mixture on each butterflied piece of chicken and fold the breast over. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap with the prosciutto.
Heat an ovenproof skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Add the chicken bundles and brown over medium-high heat, turning once, for 4-6 minutes. Transfer to the oven to cook through, 12-15 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and deglaze the pan with the wine. Swirl in the butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to serve.