Turn leftover salsa from the bottom of the jar into a delicious, cheesy dip.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup salsa, whatever is left in the bottom of your jar
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- A handful of chopped cilantro
Heat the EVOO in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the salsa and stock and bring to a bubble. Stir in the cheese and cilantro.
Serve with tortilla chips alongside, for dipping.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit