Quick Fennel Slaw
This fresh and zesty slaw works equally well for brunch or a picnic.
- Juice of 3 Meyer lemons or juice of 1/2 orange and 1 ripe lemon
- 2 large bulbs fennel, trimmed and shredded on a mandolin or very thinly sliced, plus 1/2 cup fronds, chopped
- 1 large red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon, chopped
- About 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Juice the lemons or orange and lemon in a bowl. Add the fennel, fronds, onions, parsley, tarragon and EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Let stand for 30 minutes to wilt.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, visit